Senior Java Developer
We are looking for a Senior Java Developer to join a product team of Java Developers, Architect and QAs, managed by a Technical Lead. The team will develop applications and services for one of our major clients, Volkswagen, ensuring flawless on-time delivery and quality Java code.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for:
- Writing and testing code to a high standard across platforms and browsers and setting high standards for others to follow
- Providing accurate times and costs for project briefs and helping project management understand the use of the time and the skills required
- Analysing project briefs to accurately produce technical/functional specifications
- Being thorough in any documentation and ensuring documentation from other members is of a high standard
- Keeping track of changes in industry technologies and best practices and where applicable imparting this knowledge to others
Key Technical Requirements
- Comprehensive knowledge of development using Java with over 5 years commercial experience including large complex projects
- Ability to produce well-structured, testable and maintainable code
- Experience developing functionally rich, high traffic and high availability websites
- Comfortable working with a CLI and Linux environments, such as CentOS
- Working knowledge of applicable Internet standards and protocols
- Knowledge and experience of using build tools such as Maven and Gradle
- Knowledge and experience of using continuous integration and deployment tools such as Jenkins
- Knowledge and experience of using testing frameworks such as JUnit
- Knowledge and experience using source control systems such as Git
- Knowledge and experience of using Java web frameworks such as Spring
- Experience of using and implementing RESTful API end-points
- Good working knowledge of database technologies such as MySQL
- Intimate knowledge and experience developing and maintaining web applications using Java
- Ability to quickly grasp, review and contribute code within a large, complex architecture
- Knowledge of common development best practices (e.g. TDD, clean code, SOLID)
- Experience of managing and coding simultaneous projects with complex interdependencies
- Ability to multitask across projects and demonstrate flexibility to changing priorities
- Experience of scoping large technical projects with a high level of accuracy
- Experience using task management tools such as JIRA
- Competitive Salary.
- 25 days holiday per year.
- Pension scheme, Life Assurance, Permanent Health Insurance.
- Progressive training and development initiatives.
- Gym discounts, hobby fund, and lots more benefits to help you achieve a work-life balance.
An inclusive culture is at the heart of Tribal Worldwide London
We are a global Tribe and we believe diversity inspires creativity and change.
We welcome and respect diverse perspectives and are stronger for them.
We employ the best minds in our business and strive to ensure our environment is supportive and inclusive for all.